After spending a lot of time reflecting on it, here are some of the factors I think make my content so effective:
- Publishing frequent content: 4-6 blog posts per month.
- Providing practical and enlightening information and insights in my work, mining the internet for concrete examples to support key points.
- A generous use of authorative links, images and video embeds where appropriate.
- Using plenty of headings and subheadings to make my content reader-friendly, and to give search engines plenty to work with.
- Organically incorporating keywords into both the text body and headers where appropriate, whilst avoiding “stuffing” at all times.
- Actually trying to develop practical strategies and “eureka” insights to help solve audience pain points.
- Being aware of exactly who is likely to be reading the articles, and bending the content towards them.
- Being conscious that readers’ time is precious and not wasting their time with pointless filler.
- Carefully observing the best practices of fellow content marketers and trying to make sure my content is the best on the web.